Monday, March 28, 2011

Direct Mail




Here are my sketches for the direct mail project. My specific audience is for boys and girls between the ages of 10-15 elementary students to junior high students. The two specific people that I want to cater to for this direct mail piece is boys/girls. The call action for this piece will be that for them to tell their parents that they want to go to this soccer training camp and have them call or e-mail to reserve their space in the camp.

Here is the screen shot for my direct mail piece. The specifications for this job was to either make it 7"X 5" or a 6" X 4" that folds. I decided to use a 7X5 because I thought that it would be a little easier to get my mind around. One thing to consider while making a 7X5 is that you have to remember on the back to leave room around 3 inches on the back cover for a place to put the address bar. I chose the red color to make it appeal to a younger audience and also to contrast with the color of the grass. I picked Caxton bold italic and Caxton bold for my fonts because they are playful but yet that are still legible. I wanted to keep the piece simple so that the call of action of going to the website would not be overwhelmed by too many pictures or body copy. This direct mail piece I used a 4 color raster and a full bleed on all sides. 4 color raster that is from Photoshop and these elements can only but put in the InDesign through a tiff file or an eps file. The elements I chose to change on my direct mail piece the first name on the cover, the pictures for the boys and girls also for the front. Then for the back I only change the link for the boys and girls. I found all photos in the Clip Art>High-Res Photos>Sports and have permission to use them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment