Thursday, April 7, 2011

Publication ad


Here are my thumbnails & rough for the publication ad. My target audience is people reading the New York Times so I figured this was a wide variety of audience. Instead of making it about books I instead made the ad about shoes. Here is my final image:

There were many challenges for this project. Figuring out what the bleed and margins. I realized that they had already added the bleed to the final image size so all I had to do was figure that out. Turns out it is the same bleed and margins we have been using this whole time. The challenges I had was resizing my picture so that it fit in-between the bleed line I'm still just a little off on the left but was just getting frustrated with it. I really like how my duotone with the sand turned out the main thing to remember when you are making a duotone is remember to save it as an eps. file. The call to action for this ad is the Microsoft tag which is basically like a QR code where you can scan it into your smart phone and go to a website or something like that. A QR code is only black and white though and tags can be in color and can also be customized from your own photographs. I do have permission to use all the images I have used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment